Webinar — "Trash Talk: Unpacking DIY Waste & KCC's HWRC Success Story."
Join site managers from over 70 HWRCs for a community-led webinar on the 30th of November.
In this session, we'll unpack the new DIY Waste legislation & discuss Kent County Council's award-nominated HWRC service.
In part one, you'll hear from Hannah Allard, Waste Business Development Manager at Kent County Council, who will share how KCC has:
- Generated savings of £150,000 a year
- Increased monthly recycling rates by 5%
- Improved the visitor & staff experience
- Reduced its environmental impact & much more
Hannah will also share how KCC will manage the change in DIY Waste legislation.
In part two, we'll showcase the DIY Waste Module we've developed with stakeholders from over 70 HWRCs to:
- Seamlessly manage the legislation change
- Reduce service misuse
- Recoup losses through cost reductions
- Improve recycling rates &
- Deliver a better on-site experience
In part three, we'll have an open discussion on:
- What the new legislation means for local authorities
- How the community plans to deal with the changes
- Potential ways to regulate & better manage waste types
- How other authorities will offset the loss in revenue
- Potential blockers to delivering efficient solutions & more
This will be a fantastic opportunity to learn, share ideas & connect with others working in the Recycling & Waste Management sector.
Note: we have pencilled in 90 minutes to allow for an in-depth discussion on all things DIY Waste. However, we will end the session early if we have covered all bases before that.
Duration: 60-90 mins (depending on the duration of the open discussion)
Book your spot here: https://tinyurl.com/46p7v2de
Learn more about our HWRC Booking Service.
LocalGovCamp | Hitting the Mark With The 15 Principles of Good Service Design: NERF EDITION.
Session led by:
Chad Duggan, Founder & MD, bookinglab.
As a group, we’ll discuss how you can apply Lou Downe’s 15 Principles of Good Service Design to the context of local government.
However, in true LocalGovCamp fashion, this won’t be your typical ‘seminar-style’ session.
We’ll be using props *coughs* nerf guns *coughs* to add an element of fun to the session.
So, the principles we’ll discuss will depend on your aim.
Once selected, we’ll dive into each principle by sharing how our local gov community has successfully incorporated it into various service areas.
We’ll also expand on each principle as a group to encourage cross-council knowledge-sharing.
Example points of discussion might include:
- Has your council considered this element of service design?
- What steps did/could you take to implement it?
- What’s stopping you from delivering this? How could you overcome these blockers?
- From a resident perspective, what would a successful rollout of this element look like?
- Can you think of any good/bad examples of this design element? & mor
You’ll get an actionable 15-point checklist to help you design services that work.* Each point will be fleshed out with the tips & anecdotes shared in the session — so you’ll also get practical advice on how to apply these principles from your local gov colleagues.
* All outputs will be sent to attendees post-session.
Save your space:
You can book your place here.
Additional event information:
Event: LocalGovCamp23, hosted by Nick Hill, Public Sector Digital Transformation Forum.
Time: 9:00am - 4:30pm.
Location: The Watershed, 1 Canon's Road, Bristol, BS1 5TX.